Western North Carolina Conference Branch
Women's Missionary Society
of the African Methodist Episcopal Church
Expanding Elevating Empowering
"We are Women Called to Discipleship"
About the Conference Branch President
Diane H. Tawwab
Sis. Tawwab started her journey serving God at Saint John African Methodist Episcopal Church, Harlem, New York, First Episcopal District and is a serving member of Saint Paul African Methodist Episcopal Church, Raleigh, NC. Her pastor is the Rev. Robert L. Hodges, Sr., and First Lady Deloris Hodges.
She counts it all joy and a privilege to serve as:
* Class Leader
* Stewardess Board
* D.H. Reid Usher Board
* Lay Organization
* Health Ministry
* Worship Leader of the Addie G. Stroud WMS
She has formerly served as:
* Local President of the Julia M. Holt Women's Missionary Society
* Third Vice President of the Addie G. Stroud Women's Missionary Society
* Third Vice Chairperson of the Martha McCauley Area Women's Missionary Society
* Third Vice President of the Western North Carolina Conference Women's Missionary Society
* Former Board Member Prison M.A.T.C.H. (Mothers and Their Children) of North Carolina
* Area Chairperson for the Marvelous Martha McCauley Area Women's Missionary Society of the Western North Carolina Conference
Sis. Tawwab is a graduate of New York University, New York City. Where she received an Associate Degree in Applied Science Business Administration.
Her career has afforded her opportunities to work as an Executive Administration Assistant to the Dean, New York University. Upon relocating to Raleigh, NC, she accepted a position at Sprint Telephone Company where she provided leadership, program management, and strategic planning. She retired as a Work Force Manager in 2009. In that same year Sis. Tawwab was offered a position as an Executive Assistant to the General Manager at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel in Durham, NC. Currently, as a retiree she donates her time to her family, Church, and the work of missions.
Sis. Tawwab resides in Raleigh, North Carolina with her husband Mikel Tawwab, they are a blended family of four daughters, one son and eleven grandchildren. She is the eldest of four siblings.